Sunday 11 May 2014

Spotty Pyjama Make!


After only 9 months of indecision, my bestest friend Leanne Leanne finally settled on the perfect gift for her 30th birthday - a pyjama sewing class!  So yesterday, we headed off under a rather dark sky to Norwich to take a beginners pyjama making class at Make Place, a local craft workshop.  

For the class, we had to take along 2.5metres of cotton and a coordinating ribbon in a suitable pyjama pattern.  This was the first stumbling block; there's so many beautiful fabrics out there, how can you possibly choose just one?!?!  I'm rather taken with the cute little animal patterns out there at the moment, like this one, this one, this one and this one.  I took a trip to our local haberdashery for the first time, admittedly, not with very high hopes compared to what I had found on the internet, but was pleasantly surprised to find a good variety, and lots of modern fabrics too.  Right in the middle of the sizeable display was the perfect fabric for me - multicoloured spots!  As soon as I saw it, I had to have it (I'm so predictable, Leanne had chosen her fabric the day before and had guessed that this might be the one for me).  I also grabbed a couple of fat quarters in some cute little designs and a matching purple ribbon:

The class had just 5 students, 3 making pyjamas and 2 making shorts.  We quickly decided upon the size we wished to make and set to cutting out our material.  After a quick demonstration of how to use their machines (super fancy Juki ones, *swoon*) we overlocked the edges of the pyjama legs.  Whilst this is a quick and efficient way of edging the legs and cutting them neatly, I couldn't help but feel like it was somewhat of a cheat to use the overlocker, and it would have been nice to learn how to edge it using a standard machine instead.  That being said, I did enjoy whooshing my fabric along the overlocker and it looked so professional as it came out the other side!  

We stitched up the long leg seams, ironed them open and then sewed in the hem.  Then  came the tough part, sewing up the crotch.  Although it took a bit of concentration, this went without a hitch and with a bit more seam ironing, we set about making a little channel at the waistband through which to thread the elastic.  I took such care and attention over this step; partly because it's what you can see most easily and partly because I really wanted to practice my nice neat straight stitching.  It worked!  The elastic fitted perfectly, and once the ribbon was sewn on, the pyjamas were complete.

I have to say, I am very proud to show you the first garment I've ever made.  Are you ready...


A perfect fit right?! A good length, elastic gathered equally around the top, I think these could pass as a pair bought from a shop.  Have a closer look:





Why thank you, you're right, it is rather well matched hem for a first attempt at clothing!  Leanne's pjs were just as professional looking: 



After the class, we treated ourselves to a celebratory slice of cake and drink before we headed home, but we both love love loved our sewing class, and when I spoke to her later in the evening, Leanne had already been searching online for a sewing machine to treat herself to.  Converted!  A successful day all round.  I can't wait to practice the skills I've learnt, and the new Tilly Warnes book Love at First Stitch which should be coming through my postbox very soon might just help me to keep it up!

11 comments:

  1. Well done! You sewed clothes! They look very pretty in that fabric and I've done some serious zooming in - very neat finish too! Overlockers aren't cheating really, but it is useful to know how to do seams without one, so I see your point. Now for a matching pyjama shirt :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <Investment is one of the best ways to achieve financial freedom. For a beginner there are so many challenges you face. It’s hard to know how to get started. Trading the Crypto market has really been a life changer for me. I almost gave up on crypto currency at some point not until I got a proficient trader Bernie Doran, he gave me all the information required to succeed in trading. I made more profit than I could ever imagine. I’m not here to converse much but to share my testimony, I invested $2000.00 and got back $21,500.00 within 5 days of investment. His strategies and signals are the best and I have gained more knowledge.
      If you are new to cryptocurrency. You can reach to him on Telegram: @BERNIE_FX
      Or through Email : Bernie.doranfx01@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.
    will help you more:
    Check this site with lots of awesome stuff and super fun products to choose for your christmas gifts. You can find some unique products and while you are reading fun reviews on ths geek site. I hope you will like this new geeky web site.
    Christmas Gifts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are You In Need Of A Private Or Business Loans At 2% Rate For Various Purposes? If Yes; Contact us: opploansllc@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Day

    Instant Personal Loans – There are times when you might need money urgently at a very short notice but are running out of cash. You may wonder as to which lender might sanction a loan at such an occasion! Much to your surprise, you can avail instant personal loans immediately. They are processed very fast, say within 24 hours. You can use these loans for any personal need of yours. You also have the choice to apply for this loan online. Yes, within the comfort of your home, you can apply for this loan and save yourself of all the hassles which you might have to go through otherwise contact us now: email: markthomasfinanceltd@gmail.com
    Whats-App no +919667837169
    Dr. Mark Thomas

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM
    1) Full Name:
    2) Gender:
    3) Loan Amount Needed:.
    4) Loan Duration:
    5) Country:
    6) Home Address:
    7) Mobile Number:
    8)Monthly Income:
    9)Occupation:
    )Which did you here about us.

    Do you need an urgent loan at 3% APPLY: markthomasfinanceltd@gmail.com
    Whats-App no +919667837169
    Dr. Mark Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  6. BE SMART AND BECOME RICH IN LESS THAN 3DAYS....It all depends on how fast 
    you can be to get the new PROGRAMMED blank ATM card that is capable of
    hacking into any ATM machine,anywhere in the world. I got to know about 
    this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month 
    ago..It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I'm rich and 
    I can never be poor again. The least money I get in a day with it is about 
    $50,000.(fifty thousand USD) Every now and then I keeping pumping money 
    into my account. Though is illegal,there is no risk of being caught, because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable, it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTVs to detect 
    you.. For details on how to get yours today, email the hackers on { garryjones_atm_hacker@hotmail.com } Tell your loved once too, and start to live large. That's the simple testimony of how 
    my life changed for good...Love you all ...the email address again is Garryjones_atm_hacker@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The small multi color dotted is so cool
    Design Guru

    ReplyDelete
  8. <I lost my Job few months ago,my wife left me ,could not get income for my family, things was so tough and I couldn't get anything for my children, not until a met a recommendation on a page writing how Mr Bernie Wilfred helped a lady in getting a huge amount of profit every 6 working days on trading with his management on the cryptocurrency Market, to be honest I never believe it but I took the risk to take a loan of $2000. and I contacted him unbelievable and I was so happy I earn $22,500 in 6 working days, the most joy is that I can now take care of my family I don't know how to appreciate your good work Mr. Bernie Doran God will continue to bless you for being a life saver I have no way to appreciate you than to tell people about your good trade management system. 
For a perfect investment and good strategies contact Mr Bernie Doran via WhatsApp :+1(424)285-0682 or Telegram : @Bernie_fx or Gmail : Bernie.doranfx01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. FRESH SPAMMED 2023 FULLZ AVAILABLE

    CONTACT

    @killhacks / @leadsupplier Telegram
    752822040 / @killhacks ICQ
    @peeterhacks Skype/WickerME

    USA UK CANADA RUS AUS FR Fullz

    SSN/SIN DOB DL with all info
    Young Age fullz (Age 2002 Above)
    High Credit Scores Fullz 700+
    Dumps with PIN Track 1&2
    CC with CVV & Address
    DL SCAN Front & Back with Selfie
    PUA|UI|KYC|Tax Return Filling Fullz
    Bulk Emails & Phone numbers Leads
    Office365 Leads & Logins
    Spamming tools (SMTP|RDP|C-PANEL|Web-MAiler|Etc)

    Bulk Fullz available on Low prices
    Fresh & Legit info
    Recent spammed from reliable platforms
    24hr service

    ReplyDelete
  10. SSN DOB DL FULLZ
    ORIGINAL DL/ID FRONT BACK WITH SSN & SELFIE
    HIGH CREDIT SCORE FULLZ
    CC WITH CVV & BILLING ADDRESS
    CANADA SIN DEAD FULLZ
    UK DEAD FULLZ
    YOUNG AGE FULLZ
    FULLZ FOR KYC PUA UI SBA & TAX RETURN
    BULK FULLZ AVAILABLE UK USA CANADA
    CLONING CARD DUMPS 101 & 202
    MORTGAGE LEADS
    LOAN METHODS & CARDING METHODS

    Telegram @leadsupplier / @killhacks
    ICQ @killhacks / 752822040
    Skype|Wickr @peeterhacks
    Email bigbull0334 @ onion mail . org

    Fresh updated 2023 fullz
    Payment via crypto currency only
    Bulk quantity available

    ReplyDelete

© Curly Girl Coop. Powered by