Monday 28 October 2013

myboshi Yarn Review



As 'myboshi' is a new product, I thought it would be a good place to start for a yarn review.  To get the legal stuff out of the way; the review below is my own opinion and the yarn from my own supply.  I have received no payment for this review, I just thought it would be a nice thing to do!  

Information on the brand
myboshi was developed by two German Skiiers, Thomas and Felix who learnt to crochet whilst at a remote ski resort in Japan.  Whilst it's gathering popularity in Europe, it's only just coming over to the UK and so it's quite hard to find much more about myboshi in English.  It's being distributed by DMC, and as well as yarn, there are crochet hooks, labels and patterns available too.

Information about the yarn
myboshi original No1 50g ~ 55m ~ 60 yds
Content: 70% Polyacrylic, 30% merino wool
Wash: machine wash, 30 degrees
Recommended hook size: 6mm, US J/10
Recommended needle size: 6/7, US 10
1 hat ~120g
Medium hat = head circumference 53-56cm
Large hat = head circumference 57-60cm
Cost: Around £4 per 50g ball



First Impressions
The colour range for myboshi is outstanding.  The 36 colours in the collection include neutrals, pastels, brights and neons and so give a modern, young, unisex feel.  The merino in the yarn makes it feel soft and warm but without looking whispy.  It's actually softer to touch than it looks.  The yarn is nice and chunky and perfect for it's intended purpose; outdoor winter hats.

Crocheting with yarn 
This yarn is pretty nice to crochet with.  It works up especially fast to make a hat in a hurry.  It's very slightly splitty, but not so much that it's problematic.  The merino/polyacrylic blend means that it has a bit of stretch in it, but not enough to loose shape.  For a chunky yarn, it was easy on the hands. I found that the patterns in the small guide were clear to follow if you've crocheted before, but would probably be tricky to follow if you were new to crochet.  I also found that I needed a fair few more rounds in order to make a long enough beanie to cover my head although this could be because I crochet very tightly.

Final thoughts
I'm a fan.  myboshi yarn gives a polished finish that means even simple stitches like half trebles (UK terms) produce a professional looking hat.  myboshi beanies are easy to make, and would be perfect as a beginner project, although the patterns aren't the clearest I've seen.  I'm sure it could be used to make scarfs and gloves easily and would make great gifts for christmas.  

10 comments:

  1. Nice review! I haven't seen it around Canada but if it's just making it's appearance in the UK it will probably be a while before we see it here but I'll be on the lookout for it's bright colours!

    - J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi J, I would definitely recommend keeping an eye it out for it - it's perfect for a winter hat in Canada! x

      Delete
    2. <<<<<<<<<<Investment is one of the best ways to achieve financial freedom. For a beginner there are so many challenges you face. It’s hard to know how to get started. Trading the Crypto market has really been a life changer for me. I almost gave up on crypto currency at some point not until I got a proficient trader Bernie Doran, he gave me all the information required to succeed in trading. I made more profit than I could ever imagine. I’m not here to converse much but to share my testimony, I invested $2000.00 and got back $21,500.00 within 5 days of investment. His strategies and signals are the best and I have gained more knowledge.
      If you are new to cryptocurrency. You can reach to him on Telegram: @BERNIE_FX
      Or through Email : Bernie.doranfx01@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. I'm new to crochet and don't know much about yarn. I picked it to make a round cushion cover mostly because of the colours and it used the same hook size as the pattern in the book and I'm delighted with it - my first crochet project! I bought far too much so I'm now going to make a hat with the left overs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice stuff to work with isn't it? I'm tempted to use it for other projects other than just hats too; I bet it makes a really great cushion- I'd love to see some pictures.

      I don't know much about yarn either. I know I like working with chunkier stuff than the thin, delicate sort, but apart from that I just pick whichever yarn has the colours I like

      Delete
  3. Hello everyone, Are you looking for a professional trader, forex and binary manager who will help you trade and manager your account with good and massive amount of profit in return. you can contact Mr. Anderson for your investment plan, for he helped me earned 12,000usd with little investment funds. Mr Anderson you're the best trader I can recommend for anyone who wants to invest and trade with a genuine trader, he also helps in recovery of loss funds..you can contact him on his whatsapp: (+447883246472) Email:(tdameritrade077@gmail.com)I advice you shouldn't hesitate He's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FRESH SPAMMED 2023 FULLZ AVAILABLE

    CONTACT

    @killhacks / @leadsupplier Telegram
    752822040 / @killhacks ICQ
    @peeterhacks Skype/WickerME

    USA UK CANADA RUS AUS FR Fullz

    SSN/SIN DOB DL with all info
    Young Age fullz (Age 2002 Above)
    High Credit Scores Fullz 700+
    Dumps with PIN Track 1&2
    CC with CVV & Address
    DL SCAN Front & Back with Selfie
    PUA|UI|KYC|Tax Return Filling Fullz
    Bulk Emails & Phone numbers Leads
    Office365 Leads & Logins
    Spamming tools (SMTP|RDP|C-PANEL|Web-MAiler|Etc)

    Bulk Fullz available on Low prices
    Fresh & Legit info
    Recent spammed from reliable platforms
    24hr service

    ReplyDelete
  5. SSN DOB DL FULLZ
    ORIGINAL DL/ID FRONT BACK WITH SSN & SELFIE
    HIGH CREDIT SCORE FULLZ
    CC WITH CVV & BILLING ADDRESS
    CANADA SIN DEAD FULLZ
    UK DEAD FULLZ
    YOUNG AGE FULLZ
    FULLZ FOR KYC PUA UI SBA & TAX RETURN
    BULK FULLZ AVAILABLE UK USA CANADA
    CLONING CARD DUMPS 101 & 202
    MORTGAGE LEADS
    LOAN METHODS & CARDING METHODS

    Telegram @leadsupplier / @killhacks
    ICQ @killhacks / 752822040
    Skype|Wickr @peeterhacks
    Email bigbull0334 @ onion mail . org

    Fresh updated 2023 fullz
    Payment via crypto currency only
    Bulk quantity available

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is true. Natural herbs have cured so many illnesses that drugs and injections can’t cure. I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. I read people's testimonies online on how they were cured of HERPES, HIV, diabetics etc by Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine, so I decided to contact the doctor because I know nature has the power to heal anything. I was diagnosed with HPV and Herpes for the past 3 years but Dr Akhigbe cured me with his herbs and i referred my aunt and her husband to him immediately because they were both suffering from Herpes but to God be the glory, they were cured too .I know is hard to believe but am a living testimony. There is no harm in trying herbs, visits to Contact Dr Akhigbe: Email:  Drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com,WhatsApp number: +2349021374574

    ReplyDelete
  7. **********************************
    @killhacks | @leadsuppler - Telegram
    752822040 | @killhacks - ICQ
    bigbull0034 @ onion mail . org - Email
    @peeterhacks - Skype
    **********************************

    Fresh, Genuine, Legit & Valid Info
    Payment upfront, Stuff will be delivered after payment proof
    Payment BTC|ETH|USDT or any crypto

    USA UK CANADA FULLZ AVAILABLE

    SSN DOB DL ADDRESS USA
    SIN DOB ADDRESS CANADA
    NIN DOB ADDRESS UK
    HIGH CREDIT SCORE FULLZ
    REAL ID/DL SCAN FRONT BACK WITH SELFIE
    CC CVV WITH BILLING ADDRESS
    BUSINESS EIN COMPANY FULLZ
    YOUNG AGE FULLZ
    KYC|TAX RETURN|UBEREATS|SBA|PUA|UI|DOORDASH FULLZ
    SPECIFIC AGE|GENDER|CITIES|STATES FULLZ
    BULK QUANTITY AVAILABLE

    ReplyDelete

© Curly Girl Coop. Powered by