Sunday 2 February 2014

Crochet Club 2014


Just in time for the weekend I received a VERY exciting package; my Janie Crow Crochet Club 2014 pack.  In case you haven't heard of it, Janie Crow is a British crochet and knit designer who each year runs a mystery crochet club.  Over 6 months, a section of the pattern is delivered to you via email, and there is forum and online support to help you create the perfect blanket.  It allows you to develop your skills in new techniques and stitches and this year, you could buy the yarn bundle as well to make the exact blanket that Janie designed.  I have been waiting for this for a while, it seems like ages since I begun paying my monthly instalments to cover the cost of the club (it was a little expensive but I asked/told Coop about it conveniently when he was playing his Playstation so he agreed without hesitation!) before finally I received my email telling me that it was on it's way. I rushed to the post office with my little red ticket, hoping that it was my yarn stash and not something else I'd forgotten that I'd ordered, but once I saw the size of the pack and gave it a good squeeze, I was certain:


I ran my package straight up to my craft room to try and avoid Squitchy hair as much as possible.  It's moulting time again and unfortunately that hair gets everywhere!  I was a little bit stuck as to where I was going to keep it so that it was free from Squitchy and kept all together and safe, but luckily, the team at Janie Crow seem to have read my mind:


It all came superbly packaged in a neat linen bag to keep it safely stored away.  How charming!  Inside the bag was an even bigger delight:


28 skeins of Rowan yarn, 6 bags of beads and one crochet club sewing label.  Rowan yarn is the posh stuff I only treat myself to when I have been given a John Lewis voucher, and even then I might only buy 4 or 5 skeins before I felt like it was excessive, now I have 28 of these little bundles of colour!  

I lost track of myself pouring over the yarn.  I spent so long looking over the colours, giving them a squeeze, putting different colour combinations together to guess what the mystery blanket might look like.  I even popped my new macro lens onto my camera and snap snap snapped away, trying to master the blurry/focus balance to make the photos look extra professional.  I'm a little embarrassed to say I wasted  indulged for over an hour doing just this!  Taking a photo, rearranging and taking another.  Here's a little glimpse of some of my shots:






For now, I've safely tucked the stash back in the project bag and placed it high on top of my cupboards for fear of Sas getting hold of it.  Not that he's ever touched any of my yarn before, but I wanted to be on the safe side.  Now it's just a case of waiting for the email with the first pattern on the 6th, just 4 days away... ooohh I'm excited! x






7 comments:

  1. Looks so fun!!! Cant wait to see what you will be making!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a mystery pattern to keep me guessing! I'll be sure to share pictures with you to show you how it's coming along :)

      Delete
  2. So THAT'S what you spent so long photographing! I can really see why... what a decadent and scrummy stash! I look forward to seeing in process photos soon. How wonderful that they included a little project bag too. Happy hooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are You In Need Of A Private Or Business Loans At 2% Rate For Various Purposes? If Yes; Contact us: opploansllc@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get a personal loan from $3,000 to $20,000,000 within 24 hours upon request. Other types of loans are also available in less than 48 hours. Contact me as needed. Contact Us At :abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
    whatspp Number +918929490461
    Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sir/Madam,

    Finance cash no collateral required is now approved. You may view it We give financial assistance to who so ever that is interested to get support to finance his/her business Interested people in Financial assistance should please contact us for more details Via (Whats App) number:+919394133968 patialalegitimate515@gmail.com Mr Jeffery

    ReplyDelete
  6. 在科技滲透到我們生活各個方面的世界中,對有效網路復原解決方案的需求不斷增加,這並不奇怪。 這些情況,包括丟失手機或將自己鎖定在 Gmail 帳戶之外,可能會令人煩惱和沮喪。 在這種情況下,Allegiant Pro Hacker 介入拯救了這一天。 Allegiant Pro Hacker 是最先進的服務,專注於恢復 Gmail 和手機連線。 Allegiant Pro Hacker 的專家們憑藉豐富的知識和經驗創建了一個強大的工具包,可以幫助每個遇到密碼困難的人。 他們的目標是讓您的數位生活恢復平衡和控制,因為他們認識到科技有時會成為不可預測的伴侶。 Allegiant Pro Hacker 使用複雜的方法和熟練程度,有效地規避安全協議並恢復對您的手機或 Gmail 帳戶的存取。 為了找回遺失或鎖定的帳戶,他們的程式需要評估漏洞、應用複雜的演算法並利用他們對技術環境的廣泛了解。 Allegiant Pro Hacker 利用先進的密碼破解技術來突破安全屏障並找回您遺失或忘記的密碼。 他們的嚮導配備了最新的工具,並且有能力破解最複雜的密碼,讓您立即恢復帳戶。 如需諮詢,請發送電子郵件至:allegiantprohacker@proton.me 或
    電報 +1-562-553-9611

    ReplyDelete

© Curly Girl Coop. Powered by